I am a conscientious, organised and efficient professional with considerable management experience of transformational change in the public and private sectors and a thorough understanding of community engagement, both operationally and strategically. With extensive experience as a non-executive board member, I am adept at reading and understanding complex, technical board papers where oversight, critical thinking, accountability and engagement with fellow board members and officers are crucial. I have excellent communication and interviewing skills having participated in interview panels and a number of change programmes throughout my career. The principles of equality and inclusion are embedded into my DNA and thus I have initiated those principles in the organisations I have worked within. Experience has taught me that to listen well is a unique talent and developing this skill has proved invaluable when cultural dynamics come into play and when an empathetic and respectful response is required. I am a strategic thinker, having written and initiated forward thinking drug related policy. With a vibrant, likeable personality and a flexible approach, I connect well with people at all levels and am happy to not only work as part of a team but particularly with others from diverse backgrounds.
• Developing and sustaining the relationships across multi-faceted organisations
• Strategic and analytic thinker, planner and problem solver
• Experienced high-end project manager and organisational change practitioner
• In depth knowledge of inner-city communities
• Experienced coach and mentor
• Active listener and problem solver
• Impeccable presentation skills and exceptional negotiator
The Wheeler Street Young Entertainers and Entrepreneurs in Action
CEO and Senior Practitioner
• Created and built an end-to-end youth charity supporting young people in deprived parts of Birmingham
• Developed and supported 123 individual programmes incorporating theatre, music production and rap
• Built a non-executive board of eight members including chair and deputy chair to support the business
• Developed HM Government (Prevent) Far Right training to BCC, NHS, the wider community and staff
Mental Health Foundation NHS Trust
Communications, Marketing and Community Engagement Manager
• Initiated and implemented a series of transformational community development plans
• Reimagined the relationships between the NHS and key stakeholders
• Developed a range of policy initiatives including FA coaching, healthy living and land volunteers
• Changed the financial profile that underpinned service delivery
• Wrote, developed and participated in the training programmes including negotiation and fund raising
• Monitored and shaped the performance management tools for the entire division
• Presented policy documents and transformational change programmes internally and externally
• Generated new business and brought in significant amounts of funding
• Ensured the services delivered were in keeping with internal, regional and national policy
• Consistently exceeded the performance measures expected of me
2007: Created the Wheeler Street Young Entertainers
Developed and managed a team of service delivery agents, co-ordinated and developed a series of promotional events including black tie fundraising evenings. Sourced funding streams, created the board, worked with stakeholders and developed networks
2000: Founded Haynes Training, delivering training in the UK and internationally
Lectured at Birmingham University, Westhill and Newman Colleges, University of Central England and University of Leicester (Scarman Centre) and across the West Indies.
1998: Founded GT Music Management Agency
Received global recognition for management achievements as the principal producer of three top 10 singles and the executive producer for five album projects.
• Received a commendation from Prime Minister Gordon Brown and Liam Byrne, MP
• The City of Birmingham Crack Cocaine Strategy 2005 -2008 Published (2005)
• Crack Cocaine: Concerns of Families & Friends (Leicester University, Scarman Centre) 1998
• ‘From Los Angeles to The Bronx: A Study of Crack Cocaine Services in Los Angeles CA, the Bronx New York and the West Indies’ (Northern Birmingham Mental Health NHS Trust) 1999
• Training for Specialist & Non-Specialist Drug Workers (HM Prisons East & West Midlands CARAT Workers)
• Commissioned by the Chief Executive Birmingham Health Authority, “Primary Care Groups, Substance Misuse & Collaborative Partnerships” (Research Project)
• Consultant to Sheffield Drugs Project, Crack Cocaine Prevalence & Needs Assessment (Research Project)
• 1996 – BPhil (ED) Birmingham University Westhill College
• 1999 – Master of Arts – Criminology
• 2007 – Certificate in Social Care Commissioning and Contracting
• 2009 – Master of Business Administration
My Boyz Beatz Bio
My Boyz Beatz is an artist/songwriting/production/composition/development outfit brought together by Grantley GT Haynes to provide an end to end pathway for vocalists and musicians into the entertainment industry. With millions of performing art ideas running around his head (founder Grantley GT Haynes). In the summer of 2004 called on his longtime friend and business partner Keith Brown and Chair of The Wheeler Street Young Entertainers in Action and several world-class musicians, and suggested to professionally form the team My Boyz and My Boyz Beatz. Whilst working to get her on a youth outreach bus; his son Jason aka (Jbeatz0121) suggested he reignite his musical passion after a 16-year hiatus.
My Boyz Beatz is the primary artist and producers for GT’s Records - www.gtsrecords.co.uk from Birmingham England formed by GT following conversations with Keith Brown.
GT is a well known personality in the British Reggae Industry, known for managing, producing, and touring some of the biggest names in the British Music Industry and beyond; such as Grammy Winners, UB40, Steel Pulse, Grammy Nominated Pato Banton, Tippa Irie, and a whole host more... With My Boyz Beatz GT”s focus was fixated on developing musically talented young people and collaborating with more experienced artists working together to become entrepreneurs.
If we like it we will do it.
Take a listen or catch us where we are and check out what we do, let us know what you think 🤔 💕